Here are some interesting things I’ve read online recently:
- Cowen and Meyerson debate whether slow growth or rising inequality is the cause of the stagnation in American median incomes.
- Woomera was horrible.
- Michael Lewis looks at the Irish situation and wonders why there isn’t more anger.
- Krugman argues that ‘informal economic arguments’ – simple, possibly non-mathematical – models “deserve more respect” from economists. Bob Gregory made a similar case in this fascinating interview.
- Will the US learn from the UK’s pointless austerity?
- Commodity prices set another new record. Those mining companies must be struggling.
- Alan Blinder makes the economic case for a carbon tax.